comedy kids holiday workshops
Comedy Kids is a fun filled show packed with stand-up, sketches and improv performed by the comics of the future. Our mini performers work with professional stand up Jay Lafferty to develop their comedy sets over the course of three workshops aimed at developing all the skills needed to dazzle you – the paying audience.
The courses take place in February, April and October 2019 and costs £70 per child. Read more below.
Why should grown ups have all the fun?
“They were all amazing – we loved it!”
Interested in performing?
Comedy Kids seeks to give the next generation a platform not only to entertain but to inspire other comics of the future to give it a go. The comedy course is run in partnership with Edinburgh Youth Theatre and is open to those aged between 8-15. Upcoming 2019 workshop dates are below if your child is interested in performing at Comedy Kids please contact:
Why do this course
- experience the thrill of making an audience laugh
- work as a team and find the funny in any scene
- learn life long skills in public speaking to help you perform in front of any audience
- develop your own material
- learn to laugh at yourself
- feel the incredible support from your fellow performers
- enjoy the incredible opportunity to perform on the renowned THE STAND stage!!!!!
February Holiday Workshops
Workshops: 12th-14th February, 1-5pm at Bellfield
Performance: Saturday 16th, 12pm dress rehearsal at The Stand, Show at 2pm. Running time approx 60mins.
Easter Holiday Workshops
Workshops: 9th-11th April, 1-5pm at Bellfield
Performance: 13th April, The STAND Comedy Club
October Holiday Workshops
Workshops: 15th-17th October, 1-5pm at Bellfield
Performance: 19th October, The STAND Comedy Club