Covid Class Guidance
Updated May 2021
In line with current Scottish Government Youth Work guidance, EYT can operate face to face classes in Protection Levels 3, 2 and beyond. We ask that all parents/guardians and, where appropriate, young people make sure you have read through this page before attending an EYT class.
Before attending EYT
- If any EYT student has any symptoms of COVID-19 (https://www.nhsinform.scot/self-help-guides/self-help-guide-coronavirus-covid-19) they must not attend EYT class.
- If any EYT student has been asked to self-isolate for any reason, they must not attend EYT class.
- If an EYT student has a cough but is otherwise well and has had a negative COVID test result, then they can still attend their session. You must contact EYT to inform us of this before attending.
Entering and leaving EYT class
- Parents/guardians are not currently allowed in the Bellfield gardens or building. Please drop off students at the gate.
- Drama leaders will bring all younger students out to the gate for collection at the end of class.
- Please follow current social distancing rules during drop off and collection. It is important that students are dropped off and collected on time.
- We understand that unavoidable situations can happen. If you are going to be late please phone EYT on 01316776406 to let us know and we will arrange to meet you at the gate.
- Students who make their own way to EYT should arrive on time and ensure they maintain social distancing while waiting outside the gate. Drama leaders will collect them at the start of class. They should leave promptly at the end of their session.
Moving around the building
- Once inside, students must follow current COVID procedures and signage.
- Students 5yrs and over should wear a face covering when moving around the building, including entering, exiting, or going to the toilet. If your child is exempt from wearing a face covering, please let us know.
- Under 5yrs do not need to wear a face covering.
- ALL students will be asked to sanitise their hands before entering or re-entering their drama hall, using the stations outside each hall.
- All door handles and surfaces will be cleaned between sessions and regularly throughout the day. Hall doors will be opened for ventilation between classes.
During EYT class
- Please consider what your child brings to your class – the fewer items the better. Bring a plastic bag from home for all student belongings.
- Students must wear comfortable clothing they can move around in: layers and sunscreen are important as classes may take place in the gardens.
- Students age 11yrs and under do not need to socially distance from each other and can remove their face coverings once in class.
- Students aged 12yrs and up will be required to have their face covering on for the duration of class and must socially distance during class.
- EYT leaders will wear face coverings at all times indoors. EYT leaders will endeavour to keep a 2-metre distance from students at all times during the sessions. If there is a need to come into prolonged closer contact with a student, leaders will wear PPE.
- We would ask that parents/guardians do not enter the garden or building unless necessary. The only exception is for Preschool Dramatots – if your child needs a parent to stay with them, we ask that only one parent attends.
- If a parent does need to enter the building, you must wear a face covering and follow COVID guidance for the venue.
- Details of all people in the building will be recored for Test and Protect Scotland.
- If you wish to speak to a staff member about your child we ask that you contact EYT by phone 01316776406. If EYT needs to speak to a parent about a child, we will contact you by email or phone.
- All class registration is done online via your EYT account.
- No food or drink will be allowed in classes apart from student water bottles. Please ensure it is labelled with name.
- Toilets will be accessible to one person at a time. Hands should be washed for at least 20 seconds and following current guidance. Hand sanitiser will be outside all halls for use before re-entering.
- Tissues must be discarded immediately after use into a bin and hands sanitised before continuing with class.
- Any requirement for First Aid will be dealt with in line with our current policy and First Aiders will be wearing PPE.
- If a student is complaining of or displaying any of the COVID symptoms they will be taken to the venue isolation room and a parent/guardian will be contacted to arrange collection as soon as possible. They will be given an information leaflet to take home. PLEASE ENSURE YOUR EMERGENCY CONTACT DETAILS ARE UP TO DATE.
- If a student is ill but not displaying or complaining of any COVID symptoms they may be able to remain in the room (keeping a 2-metre distance) until a parent/guardian can be contacted to arrange for collection.
- In the eventuality of a lock-down or whole class needing to self-isolate, all affected classes will move online.
- All students are welcome at our Drama Hub online every week throughout term, especially those who cannot attend in person for any reason.
- In the result of any positive COVID test you MUST inform Test And Protect Scotland if you have recently attended an EYT class. If we are contacted by Test And Protect we will follow their guidelines, which may include passing on details as required by the law to the relevant bodies.
- As this situation is continually changing, we will regularly review the current government and health guidelines and send you any updates as required to ensure the safety of our young people and staff. We will endeavour to give as much notice as possible of any changes.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com